This is a special episode produced by our students for their project looking at Nigerian musicians: In our episode, we are focusing on the top five Nigerian artists that have an influence in American mainstream media. We are giving you a breakdown of these artists, their beginnings, and of course, a listen to one of their most popular songs. Each artist has their own distinctive style and sound, and some even do much more than just sing/rap. You should definitely have heard one of these artists on the radio, or even while you’re out partying, but if not, be sure to listen and get to know a bit about each of them. Stay tuned all the way to the end to hear which American hip-hop artists we think they should collaborate with.Follow the artists we discussed on social media to keep up with their music, events, and more!
1. WizKidInstagram: @WizKidAyoTwitter: @WizKidAyoApple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sounds-from-the-other-side/id1245549634?app=music
2. DavidoInstagram: @DavidoOfficialTwitter: @iam_DavidoApple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/davido/id254654363
3. Tekno MilesInstagram: @TeknoOfficialTwitter: @AlhajiTeknoApple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/ng/album/diana-single/1165390646
4. Korede BelloInstagram: @KoredeBelloTwitter: @KoredeBelloApple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/korede-bello/833611554
5. Maleek BerryInstagram: @MaleekBerryTwitter: @MaleekBerryApple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/last-daze-of-summer-ep/1158084658